After the reinstallation has completed, iMazing displays a screen asking you to unlock your device. Enter the passcode for your iPhone or iPad. The final steps of the installation continue, and iMazing may also asks for you to Trust this Computer on Device. Tap Trust in the dialog that displays on your iOS device, so iMazing can continue working with it. After you’ve selected the .ipsw file, click Select, then click Reinstall iOS to continue.
However, beware as the process wipes iPhone/ iPad data completely. Besides these main reasons for experiencing an iTunes error when performing a restore on your iDevice, a couple other hardware incompatibilities might be a cause.
- Now that we are aware of the most probable causes that may have resulted in Mac’s black screen of death, let’s try to fix it.
- We are sure that after following our suggestions, you would be able to learn how to fix iPhone won’t restore issue.
- The supplied firmware contains new unsupported calibration values.
- For some unknown reason, some anti-virus programs will cause the malfunction of firmware file.
- As important as iPhone firmware file is, every phone users need pay more attention to your firmware file corrupt iPhone problem.
Instead of directly downloading the software on your iPhone, update via iTunes on a computer. To fix this iOS 16.1 error, first sign out of iCloud and then sign back.
IOS updates not only bring an array of new features and fix any bugs in the previous version but also get more security for the device. The best iOS repair software is automated for fast and easy iOS repair. It supports the latest iOS and all the iPhone and iPad models. You can use the trusted iOS repair software—Stellar Toolkit for iPhone. It is secure and comprehensive solution to all iPhone software problems. In case the iPhone software problem is not fixed, or you are too bugged by the latest iOS upgrade glitches, downgrade to the previous iOS.
- It usually means your computer can’t recognize the IPSW files.
- You can use it to solve more difficult problems, like downgrading the iOS or jailbreaking the device.
- IMyFone D-Back is one of the best iPhone recovery software that can rescue deleted data on iPod touch, iPad, and more devices.
- A single IPSW file typically falls north of a whopping five gigabytes, and that can significantly impact internal HDDs or SSDs with less storage capacity.
- Then, choose the file types from the following interface.
After you’ve reinstalled the latest version of iTunes/Finder, try to update to iOS 16 and restore your iPhone again. Uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer or iPhone can resolve this issue because such security software sometimes blocks installation of firmware. The problem “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away after you uninstall antivirus software. If firmware corrupt or compatibility error is still testing your patience and not going away, try reinstalling the iTunes/Finder. Sometimes iTunes/Finder configuration doesn’t match firmware download the stock firmware files and iTunes/Finder upgradation can not solve the solution. After reinstalling the the latest iTunes/Finder, try to update or restore your iPhone again. If all else fails, the last way to fix “iPhone firmware file corrupt” would be to restore your iPhone through DFU mode on iTunes.